Chris’ Published Works & Interviews
Chris' Published Works (books & workbooks not included)
- Shea, C. (2022) “The Complexity of Substance Abuse and Society’s Bias: Understanding the Science of Addiction and Need for Societal Connectedness as a Means for Healthy Recovery”. EC Psychology and Psychiatry 11.2 (2022): 99-102.
- Shea, C. (2015). Living in the Moment: From Isolation to Spiritual Connectedness. The Sober World. 4(9): 16.
- Shea, C. (2013). The Spirituality of Connectedness: Response to the Stress Reactions in Substance Abuse Counselors. Advances in Addiction & Recovery. 1(2): 18-19; 21.
- Shea, C. (2012, August). Unintended Consequences of the ACA – Workforce Development Issues in Addiction Treatment Services. National Healthcare Reform Magazine. Retrieved from
- Shea, C. (2008). From the Neurobiologic Basis of Alcohol Dependency to Pharmacologic Treatment Strategies: Bridging the Knowledge Gap. Southern Medical Journal, 101(2), 179-185.
- Shea, C. (2007). Barriers to Medication Use: Myths, Money, & Management. Addiction Professional, 5(3), 34-38.
- Contributor, Shea, C., Contributor, Kampman, K., & Contributor, Kaempf, G. (2007). Improving the Continuum of Care in Alcohol Dependence: Latest Evidence for Counselors & Clinicians. Peer-reviewed training presentation published by/for CME Outfitters, LLC.
- Shea, C. (2006). Alcohol Dependence Treatment: an effective comprehensive psychosocial management Plan. Advances in Addiction Treatment, 1(1), 12-14.
- Straight Talk; interviewed by Mike Gimbel. "Opening of the 1st Inpatient Addiction Facility in Baltimore County, MD". TV show produced by WBFF Fox 45 Baltimore, MD. 2002
- The Washingtonian. Interviewed by Nancy Doyle Palmer. “You’ve Got to Stop” Published February 26, 2007
- Addiction Professional; interviewed by Gary Enos, editor. “Nationally Regarded Center Establishes Five-day Booster Program” Published as an online exclusive July 14, 2009
- “Say ‘Yes’ to Health Reform” video interview campaign of the “Partnership to Fight Chronic Disease”. Interviewed by Erica Hiar; posted online: sayyestohealthreform.com. September 2009
- New York Times Magazine; interviewed by Lisa Belkin. "Coping with College Students Returning Home for the Holidays". Posted online on "Motherlode" November 16, 2009
- The Takeaway; radio interview on WNYC for spot entitled “Families: Reducing Stress at Home for Thanksgiving”. Syndicated through BBC and PRI. November 16, 2009
- On Time; interviewed by Kai Jackson. "Addiction in Baltimore". TV show produced by WJZ, Baltimore, MD. November 7, 2010
- Morning Wave in Busan FM 90.5. Special guest on this live Korean radio show. "Post Holiday Blues".
- Fox45 WBFF Baltimore Morning News. "Opioid Crisis". TV show produced by WBFF, Baltimore, MD. November 6, 2018
- Fox45 WBFF Baltimore Morning News. "Managing Stress at Work". TV show produced by WBFF, Baltimore, MD. January 18, 2019
- For a listing of Chris' podcast interviews click "On Finding Peace"